News: Craig Lamport selected for a National Partnership Award
We have teamed up with Music for Youth to provide an award as part of their National Partnership Awards scheme - a project designed to match some of the talented musicians who perform at their National Festival with music industry partners.
The New Music Award has been awarded to Craig Lamport - one of the young composers whose work was featured on the New Music Stage at the Music for Youth National Festival earlier this year.
Over the course of the next year, we will work with Craig on developing his compositional skills in coaching sessions, workshops and individual training opportunities.
The award will be presented at a special ceremony in the Royal Albert Hall after the Music for Youth Primary Proms on Wednesday 12 October 2016.
Eighteen year old Craig has just finished is A-Levels in Alyesbury and plans to study music in univerisity. He has always enjoyed composing for the guitar, piano and band music and would love to pursue it professionally.
Craig Lamport said:
"I am delighted to be given this fantastic opportunity of working with Sound and Music over the course of the next year. I am particularly looking forward to working with a professional composer and developing my compositional skills."
About the National Partnership Awards
The Music for Youth National Partnership Awards provide a developmental opportunity for talented young musicians to collaborate with Music for Youth’s industry partners on a unique music experience. The award sponsors represent some of the key players in the arts and music sector and have a wealth of hands-on opportunities to offer young musicians.
This year's pairings:
- Wessex Youth Orchestra - Birmingham Conservatoire
- Roma Bridging Sounds Orchestra - Birmingham Conservatoire
- Bexley Improv Group - Leeds College of Music
- Gutted! - Musicians' Union
- Mark Golding (leader of Hazlehurst Primary School Brass Band) - NUT Teacher Award
- All Aloud Choir - Opera North
- The Fairlands Middle School Brass Ensemble - Royal Albert Hall
- Stockport Youth Wind Orchestra - Royal Marines Band Service
- Craig Lamport - Sound and Music
- Brassed Off - Town Hall Symphony Hall